June is recognized as Pride Month to commemorate the Stonewall Uprising, when police clashed with LGBTQ+ protesters in New York City in June 1969. During this commemorative month, we celebrate LGBTQ+ culture and activism, memorialize those lost to hate crimes or HIV/AIDS, and recognize LGBTQ+ individuals for their impact on history. It’s also an opportunity to promote equal justice and opportunity for all members of the LGBTQ+ community.
AECOM has been recognized as a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality in part because of the great benefits and resources we offer to support our diverse employees and their families, including LGBTQ+ individuals. Some of these benefits and resources are highlighted below, along with resources to help all of us be better allies so we can build an even stronger culture of equity, diversity and inclusion.
Benefits and resources to support LGBTQ+ employees and their families throughout the year
- This guide discusses the health and safety challenges the LGBTQ+ community often faces and summarizes AECOM benefits and resources that can help LGBTQ+ employees and their families be well.
- Our GuidanceResources Employee Assistance Program (EAP) includes a wide array of resources to support LGBTQ+ employees and their families, including:
- An LGBTQ+ Resource Guide, which provides resources for coming out, information to help you understand your rights as a member of the LGBTQ+ community, youth resources, relationship resources and more
- An LGBTQ+ Adoption Guide, which addresses the unique set of challenges faced by the LGBTQ+ community when adopting a child
If you have any trouble accessing these EAP links, go to guidanceresources.com, log in and search by topic. If you need to register first, use Company ID: AECOM.
Resources to help everyone be an ally for inclusion and belonging
- 10 Ways to Be an Ally
- Ways to Support Your LGBTQ+ Colleagues and Community
- Tips for Parents of LGBTQ+ Children (register with Company ID: AECOM)