These are the benefits you can elect and change only as a new hire and during Benefits Open Enrolment each year. You can also update your health care and disability elections within 31 days of a qualifying life event:
As a New Hire
When you are first hired by AECOM (or when you first become eligible for benefits), you have 31 days to make your benefit selections.
During Benefits Open Enrolment
You can update your benefit elections for the upcoming year during Benefits Open Enrolment, which is typically in early to mid-November. The changes you make will be effective January 1 – December 31 of the following year.
If you do not make elections during Benefits Open Enrolment, your elections will carry over into the next year except for the annual spending account contribution, which defaults to the Health Spending Account (HSA).
Once the enrolment period ends, you can’t change your elections unless you have one of the qualifying life events listed below.
After a Life Event
You generally have 31 days to update your benefits after one of these events.
- Marriage or Start of Common Law Partnership
- Birth, legal adoption of a child or placement of a child with you for legal adoption
- A covered dependent child turns age 21 (or age 25 (age 26 for Quebec residents) if your dependent is attending a college or university full time)
- Moving to a new province (if your current coverage isn’t available in the new location or if you are offered an option that you were not previously offered)
- Divorce or End of Common Law Partnership
- Death of your spouse or dependent child