This holiday season will look different than past ones, but you can still make the most of this magical time of year. Use your AECOM benefits to have a bright and bountiful season by giving yourself the best present of all: the gift of well-being.
Save money on gifts and manage your holiday budget
- Cash in your Well-Being Bucks to receive gift cards that you can give as gifts or use to purchase gifts. You can get gift cards for Amazon, Groupon, Visa, Walmart, Starbucks, Home Depot, Indigo, Esso and more.
- Well-Being Bucks will not carry over to 2021, so spend them by December 31, 2020!
- Read a ComPsych article on Keeping Your Holiday Budget in Check.
Give back during this special time of year
- In the Canada Well-Being program, you can 500 bonus points toward your quarterly incentives by volunteering 30 minutes each week in December. There are many virtual volunteering opportunities and more ideas on the Volunteer Canada site.
- Consider giving to AECOM’s charity partners — Water for People and Engineers Without Borders — through convenient payroll deductions.
- Spin the Well-Being Wheel and complete an act of kindness.
Find caregivers for all members of your family and your home too
- Get help taking care of your children, pets, adult family members and your home with our Care.com benefit
Be safe and stay healthy while celebrating
- Join a free yoga session led by Sprout’s in-house instructor on Zoom: December 1 at 2 p.m. ET and December 3 at 11 a.m. ET. Each session is 30 minutes — 20 minutes of yoga and 10 minutes reviewing updates on the Sprout platform. The class is suitable for all skill levels, and all family members can join in. To participate, log in to your Sprout account and join the Sprout Holiday Stretch and Reset event (under the Explore Tab > Events). Click “Join” to attend. The webinar link will be provided in the event description. (If you haven’t registered for Sprout yet, this is a great time to do so.)
- Explore guidance from public health officials on travel and family gatherings.
- Find fitness gifts for every budget.
- Read ComPsych articles on Keeping the Holidays Healthy and Emotional Eating.
- With so much stress these days, overeating may be a significant issue for many of us this holiday season. This on-demand training can help.
Practice self-care and gratitude to help manage holiday stress
- Read ComPsych articles on Tips for Coping With Holiday Stress This Year, Grieving During the Holidays, Preventing the Holiday Blues and Being Alone During the Holidays.
- Read Care.com’s article on How to Help Kids Grieve Loss and Find Joy in an Unusual Holiday Season.
- If you or a family member needs help handling the holidays or anything else, reach out to the GuidanceResources EAP for counseling.
Get a jump start on your New Year Resolutions
- See handy benefits checklists and visit the Resource Center for a variety of helpful resources to support your resolutions, whatever they may be.
- Get special pricing on fitness club memberships at locations throughout Canada through our Fitness Discounts Program.
- Further your education with the Education Assistance and First-Time Licensure programs.
- Meet your well-being goals with help from our Canada Well-Being at AECOM program, and earn quarterly incentives, too.
- Read ComPsych articles on New Year Resolutions to Consider, New Year Nutrition, Make Your Resolution a Life-Changing Event, Keeping Your Resolutions Alive, and Making Exercise Part of Your New Healthy Lifestyle.