Remembrance Day is observed annually on November 11 to honour and remember those who have served, and continue to serve, Canada during times of war and peace. Celebrating on November 11 is significant — In 1918, World War I hostilities between the Allied nations and Germany ceased on the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month.
In honor of this important celebration, learn the history of Remembrance Day and discover resources and ways you can get involved:
- Explore government benefits and resources for current or former Canadian Forces members and their families.
- Learn how you can support and apply for service dogs for veterans.
Supporting Veteran Employees and Their Families
AECOM is committed to supporting the health, safety and well-being of our veteran and active duty employees and their families. See below for some of the benefits and resources that AECOM offers to help them thrive in their personal and work lives.
Build Your Social Support Network
- Help raise awareness and share your thoughts with the Global Well-Being Community.
- Share the monthly Canada Benefits To-Dos e-newsletter and this benefits website with your family.
- Encourage your spouse/domestic partner to join our well-being programs (they can earn rewards too).
Improve Your Physical Health
- Choose health care benefits for your needs.
- Find a medical specialist who understands your unique health care needs with Sun Life.
- Explore resources for nutrition, exercise, sleep and other healthy behaviors.
Mind Your Mental Health
- Receive free confidential counseling and work/life balance resources through the GuidanceResources Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Use our mental health digital platform to balance your emotional well-being with content and activities personalized to your needs.
- Explore more resources to help you be well emotionally.
Power Up Your Finances
- Access tools and resources to help you improve your finances and save for important life events.
- Prepare for a financial emergency with this Financial Well-Being Checklist.
- Connect with a financial advisor for personalized help with your unique financial needs.
- Find ways you can save on your current daily expenses.
- Save and invest for your future with the Defined Contribution Pension Plan (DCPP), the Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and the Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA).
Boost your career
- Get reimbursed for pre-approved coursework related to your professional development with Education Assistance.
Reduce Stress with Parental Resources
- Use Care.com to find caregivers and for subsidized backup care.
- Learn about AECOM’s Paid Parental Leave benefits.
Be Well in Every Way
- Embrace a healthy lifestyle by participating in the Canada Well-Being program and the Global Well-Being program (and invite your spouse/domestic partner to participate as well).