Asian Heritage Month is observed each May to recognize the contributions and influence of Asian Canadians to the history, culture and achievements of Canada.
In honor of this important celebration, discover the origins of Asian Heritage Month and why we celebrate it, and find out what’s happening in your city in celebration. Also, learn how you can act as an ally by taking the time to understand the experiences of someone from another background.
Supporting Asian Canadian Employees and Their Families
AECOM is committed to supporting the health and well-being of our Asian Canadian employees and their families. If you are part of this community, see below for ways AECOM benefits and resources can help you thrive.
Build Your Social Support Network
- Consider joining The Ethnic Diversity Network for employees worldwide.
- Help raise awareness and share your thoughts with the Global Well-Being Community.
- Share the monthly Canada Benefits To-Dos e-newsletter and this benefits website with your family.
- Encourage your spouse/domestic partner to join our well-being programs (they can earn rewards too).
Improve Your Physical Health
- Find a medical provider that’s right for you.
- Get your annual health exam to screen for illnesses and diseases, so that you can catch them in their early stages.
- If you’re enrolled in an AECOM Sun Life health plan, use Teladoc for expert medical advice and second opinions.
Mind Your Mental Health
- Receive free confidential counseling and work/life balance support through the GuidanceResources Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Use our mental health digital platform to balance your emotional well-being with content and activities personalized to your needs.
Power Up Your Finances
- Access tools and resources to help you improve your finances and save for important life events.
- Prepare for a financial emergency with this Financial Well-Being Checklist.
- Connect with a financial advisor for personalized help with your unique financial needs.
- Find ways you can save on your current daily expenses.
- Save and invest for your future with the Defined Contribution Pension Plan (DCPP), the Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and the Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA).
Boost Your Career
- Get reimbursed for pre-approved coursework related to your professional development with Education Assistance.
Reduce Stress with Parental Resources
- Use Care.com to find caregivers and for subsidized backup care.
- Learn about AECOM’s Paid Parental Leave benefits.
Be Well in Every Way