Our current benefits options, plan designs and employee contributions are all continuing next year with some enhancements, and you’ll pay the same costs that you do now except for short-term disability (STD) coverage — your STD costs are decreasing a bit. You can find 2022 costs when you enrol at AECOMBenefitsOnline.com, November 1 – 19, 2021.
- New telehealth benefit to make life a bit easier — available now! Everyone enrolled in a Sun Life medical plan has access to telehealth services through Lumino Health Virtual Care. Telehealth lets you meet with a health care provider from the comfort of your home, online or over the phone, for a diagnosis, a treatment plan, a prescription or a referral. There is no cost to you for initial primary medical care visits. Follow-up visits and visits with a paramedical practitioner* may have a cost, which will be communicated to you up front and can be paid through the Lumino Health Virtual Care app. Download the app for iPhone or Android or register online now, so you’re all set up when you need it.
- More mental health care coverage starting January 1. We are increasing the maximum amount of mental health coverage you can receive from mental health practitioners (under paramedical category) each year to $1,000 per person in Module B (currently $500) and $1,500 in Module C (currently $700). Log in to your Sun Life account for eligible mental health practitioners.
- New fertility drug coverage starting January 1. All the Sun Life medical plans will cover up to $10,000 in eligible fertility drugs per lifetime (after the deductible in Module A).
- Enhancements for the Personalized Spending Account (PSA) starting January 1. The PSA is going to a fully digital platform, which means you can submit claims through the app or online (no more paper claims) for faster processing (typically within 48 hours). We are also expanding the list of eligible expenses to include a wider array of ways to help you be well, physically, emotionally and financially. Log in to your Sun Life account for the full list of eligible expenses.
- New identity restoration benefit starting January 1. For an annual cost of $30, this new benefit<link to new identity restoration page>. provides services to help you prevent identity theft and assistance in the event that your identity is stolen. Offered through Marsh, in partnership with Trisura. You can sign up and pay for this benefit at any time directly through Marsh.
- Your STD costs are decreasing January 1. We are reducing your cost for basic and enhanced STD coverage, so you’ll pay less next year.
*Paramedical services include chiropractic, osteopathic, speech therapy, podiatry, massage therapy, dietetics, acupuncture, naturopathy, physiotherapy and mental health (psychologist, social worker, psychotherapist, marriage and family therapist, psychoanalysts, clinical counsellors). Practitioners must be provincially licensed and registered.
What’s staying the same
- AECOM continues to pay the majority of the costs for the benefits program.
- You will pay the same amount for health care coverage next year, and AECOM will continue to provide Module A at no cost to you.
- AECOM annual contributions to your spending account remain the same:
- $175 for Employee + 1, and Employee + 2 or More coverage in any health care module
- $150 for Employee Only coverage in any health care module
- AECOM continues to provide basic life and AD&D insurance at no cost to you.
- For optional insurance benefits (life, AD&D, critical illness) and disability insurance, you will pay the same rates as you do today.
- You continue to have access to discounted home, auto and pet insurance.
- AECOM continues to offer you and your family a variety of other perks and programs to support your world and your well-being, including:
- Canada Well-Being
- Global Well-Being
- Expert Medical Advice and Second Opinions
- Business Travel Benefits and International SOS
- GuidanceResources Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- myStrength digital Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CCBT) program
- Care.com for caregiver resources
- Education Assistance
- Retirement and savings program: DCPP, RRSP, TFSA
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- First Time Licensure Program
- Fitness Discounts Program
- Global Travel Assistance
- Discounted home insurance, auto insurance and pet insurance
- Kudos global service awards and social recognition program